Director of Production
Mr. O’Brien has hand’s-on experience with large, sophisticated swine production facilities including owning his own sow center.
His extensive international consulting experiences equip Mr. O’Brien with valuable knowledge, skills, and contacts, which he brings to GPPE, Ltd.
- July 1, 2008 – Present
Global Pork Production Enterprises, Ltd., – Director of Production
- Development and implementation of training and production protocols
- Overseeing company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost effective management
- 2005 – Present
Owner and Leasor – 4,800 Sow Center, Pittsfield, IL, USA
- 1997 – 2005
Owner / Operator –7,200 Sows, Pittsfield, IL, USA
- East Ridge 2,400 head Sow Center
- North Ridge 2,400 head Sow Center
- South Ridge 1,200 head Sow Center
- Prairie Ridge 1,200 head Sow Center
- Oversee entire operations
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain bio-security protocol
- Manage transportation and logistics–Feed and live haul.
- Manage gilt acclimation, breeding, farrowing, nutrition, employee training, and marketing.
- 1985 – 1996
Tyson Foods, – Assistant Genetic Manager Beef and Pork Division
International Travel and Consulting:
Please contact us to learn more about Shawn O’Brien.