Education and Training Consultant
Prany Sananikone brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to GPPE, Ltd. His many years of work in both the academic and business worlds provide him with full understanding of the complexities of modern ag development.
Mr. Sanaikone’s extensive understanding of international issues informs his judgement and better enables him to work with a wide range of people.
His tremendous experiences developing and managing community-based educational and mentoring programs means that Mr. Sananikone has unique insights and methods that he brings to his work.
- 1977 – University of Hawaii – M.A. Communication: Strategies and Planning
- 1975 – University of Hawaii – B.Ed. Secondary Education with special emphasis on English as a Second Language B.A. Sociology of Education and Community Development
Director of Diversity Relations and Educational Programs: University of California, Irvine
- In charge of overall public relations with special focus on diversity issues & educational programs for the main campus and the Medical Center.
- Investigate formal complaints of discrimination, work on conflict resolution, research legal documents, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate affirmative action programs, series of staff development and advancement workshops for faculty, staff & students.
- Work closely with Human Resources and the Medical Center outreach programs and overall community relations for the University.
- Special assignments (1994-2002) Director of Campus Mediation, Director of Worklife Programs, Director of the Diversity Development Certificate Program, Chairman of the Chancellor’s Campus Community Council.
Executive Assistant Director / Director of Programs: United Cambodian Community, Inc. – Long Beach, California
- Responsible for the overall management of one of the largest multi-ethnic community-based, non-profit organizations in Southern California, with special focus on long-range planning, staff development (over 100 staff, operating budget of $5 million), fund raising and intensive community relations.
- Directed youth programs, health/mental health services, social adjustment & counseling services, and culture preservation/promotion projects.
- Extensive services to local, state, and national committees and boards (list can be provided)
- Established the Institute for Intercultural Communication
- Understanding Asian Diversity: Effective Teaching & Training Strategies
- Counseling Across Cultures
- Borders, Boundaries, Belonging, and Beyond
- Crisis in Cultural Values – Culture Learning Institute, East-West Center; Honolulu, HI
- Transnational Education – Culture Learning Institute, East-West Center; Honolulu, HI
- Professional and Civic Activities
- Campus Advisor to the National Society for Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
- Campus Advisor to the Cambodian Student Organization
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Lao Studies (Vice Chairman)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the National Pacific Islanders Education Network
- President of the Institute for Religious and Cultural Competency (IRCC)
Please contact us to learn more about Prany Sananikone.