GPPE’s Livestock Management programs include swine, poultry, beef and dairy management and are uniquely designed to maximize “hands on” learning by local farmers, employers and students. Our training programs help prepare students, employees and farmers for the many challenges of intensive livestock production.
To meet the growing need for a reliable, affordable, healthy, and high quality protein source throughout the world, GPPE uses a “hands on” education and training approach to help farmers, workers and students overcome current challenges in animal production. State of the art techniques and technologies are available to train and educate students who strive to be farmers or employees.
Knowledge transferred to these learners will allow them to gain practical skills, technical knowledge, and obtain the training necessary to be successful in livestock production through many hands-on educational experiences.
The training programs will help to prepare students, employees, and farmers alike for the many challenges of intensive livestock production by promoting bio-security, animal health, animal nutrition, animal and environmental welfare, livestock production skills, and general business skills.
The goal of these programs is to develop outreach programs delivering practical livestock production technologies to better serve the need of the world’s many livestock workers, employees, and producers.
Examples of the types of classes GPPE provides:
General Animal Agriculture Classes
- Ag Economics
- Ag Commodity Marketing
- Animal Diseases/Health
- Animal Genetics and Selection
- Applied Animal Science
- Business Planning and Development
- Financial Management
- Labor/Personnel Management
- Livestock Facility Maintenance and Repair
- Livestock Records/Business Analysis
Swine Management Classes
- Applied Pork Production Skills
- Artificial Insemination – Swine
- Swine Health / Bio-security
- Swine Nutrition
- Swine Production and Management
- Swine Reproduction
Poultry Management Classes
- Avian Anatomy
- Poultry Health / Bio-security
- Poultry Management
- Poultry Nutrition
- Poultry Production and Management
Beef Management Classes
- Artificial Insemination – Cattle
- Beef Nutrition
- Beef Production and Management
- Cattle Health / Bio-security
- Crop Production / Feed Production
Dairy Science and Production Classes
- Artificial Insemination – Dairy
- Crop and Forage Production
- Dairy Health / Bio-security
- Dairy Production and Management
- Dairy Nutrition and Feeding
To learn more about GPPE’s agricultural and livestock education and training opportunities, please contact us by phone or email.